Chicken Marsala

(A recipe my Mom has been making for years!)
3 or 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
2-3 tbsps margarine
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 c marsala wine (or white cooking wine)
1/4 c lemon juice (I use a drop less)
As many mushrooms as you like---I use about 1 1/2 c sliced mushrooms
Preheat oven to 350F
1) Clean chicken, rinse, dip chicken in flour to coat the chicken on both si
des.2) Melt margarine in a saucepan. Add garlic powder and stir.
3) Place chicken breasts in pan and brown chicken.
4) When chicken is browned, place chicken in a casserole dish (or Pyrex bowl!)
5) In same saucepan, add mushrooms, wine and lemon juice and mix around until hot.
6) Then pour mixture over chicken.
7) Bake on 350F for a good 35-40 minutes!
Bon appetit!
Michele's Sweet Risotto
(Serves 2)

1 c multicolored risotto
1 3/4 c water
5-6 sliced and chopped dried apricots
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 c chopped onion
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1) Boil 1 3/4 c water, add risotto, bring to a boil and simmer until risotto al dente (or soft!)
2) In saucepan, heat olive oil and saute onion. Add cinnamon, garlic powder and onion powder.
3) Combine onion mixture, apricots and risotto.
This risotto had a sweet flavor to it. I might make it next time with a sweeter dish--the orange cranberry chicken or with a cheese ravioli. I enjoyed it, and Dan finished the pot, so I'd say its a keeper :-)
Bon appetit and shabbat shalom!

No comments:
Post a Comment