Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Who-don? Udon!



A lot of people set out solely to lose weight for their weddings, and yes, we both did try to shed a few pounds for our upcoming wedding, but our PRIMARY goal is not to lose weight unhealthfully, but to lose weight by being healthier than before.

I've been making a lot of salads, wraps, soups and other dinners without any added salt. I've been using more and more vegetables in our dinners and cutting back on any unnecessary indulgences. Can you say Frosties?

Tonight I made a recipe from epicurious for Udon Soup. It was tasty!

My only suggestions for this recipe: If you are going to include the yams 1) Cook them with the soup, then remove until serving or 2) Cook yams in a separate pot of boiling water and only add when serving.

Since I made the Udon Soup earlier in the day, the yams had a chance to soak up the broth and kind of "melt" down making the broth a bit sweet. I think next time, I will try cooking the yams separately so that they don't fall apart.

This was a nice, light, healthy and filling dinner.

And, just so you know, I eat what I make ;-) :

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! It was fun to make, and pretty tasty too!
    I just checked out your blog---I love it! Thanks for reading mine!

    ReplyDelete