Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pitt Chicken

You know how I know a dinner is good? Because the entire condo smells good when I walk in from going outside. Tonight, it smelled like a barbeque pit in here.

Even though I've never had pulled pork, the texture just has always been appealing to me. I've had pulled venison once. That I ate until I found out it was deer! Anyhow, I tried out a recipe that I can entirely call my own! I wasn't sure how it would turn out...I even had a coupon to our favorite Indian place left out just in case I had to scrap the menu for tonight.

Dan really liked it--he wanted a third pit chicken sandwich, but I cut him off after two.

Michele's Pulled Bar-b-que Chicken

(serves 2)

3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
1/2 c Jack Daniels Recipe No. 7 Bar
beque sauce
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder


1) Clean and boil chicken breasts while skimming "gunk" from water.
2) Cool chicken breasts and rinse under cool water.
3) Peel chicken into shre
dded pieces in a small sauce pan.
4) Add seasonings and barbeque sauce, stir.
5) Simmer on low for about 1-2 hours stirring occasionally.


Since I was going for a barbeque/picnic type theme tonight. I wanted to incorporate a corn dish. To me, nothing says barbeque like corn on the cob! Since corn on the cob isn't really in season. I attempted to make a healthy side dish.








Michele's Fresh Warm Corn Salad


1 15.5oz can golden sweet corn
7 oz black beans

1/2c chopped tomatoes (drain the sa
uce)
2 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp pepper

1/8 tsp salt

1) Mix together and wa
rm before serving.






Since I am well on my way to 365 new recipes, I am thinking of creative things I can do with the blog instead of just making dinner each night. Here are the things I've come up with:

1) Send a recipe to me in a comment and I will make it
.
2) One week of challenging recipes: souffle (which could be ruined by the stomp-happy neighbors upstairs), low-fat truffles, etc
3) Hold my first pre-Passover food extravaganza for family.

Bon appetit!





2 comments:

  1. I CAN"T WAIT FOR YOUR PASSOVER POSTS <3

    hmm, I made delicious '10 minute thai lettuce wraps' with a homemade/experimental peanut sauce which included almond butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, a little sesame oil, garlic and a tinyyy bit of lime! wasn't to bad for an experiment

    have a great night <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lettuce wraps look so delicious! I read about them in your blog and really want to try them out. They sound tasty and healthy, too! Thank you so much for reading! I promise two Passover recipes tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete