We had our first dinner guest on Thursday night. And of course, why go out to dinner when I am willing to cook?
Dan's brother, Rob, ca

me over for dinner on Thursday night since he was doing some work near to us. My new recipe that night came from OUKosher.org. It is a
Blueberry Pound Cake that I made pareve (without meat or dairy ingredients) by using regular
Rice Milk. It was moist, flavorful, and not un-healthy. For baking, I use Smart Balance margarine for two reasons. First, it is parve which means I take the two containers that come in the package and mark one "D" for dairy and one "M" for meat. And voila, I am set. And second, it is healthy. The new one that I have been buying has flaxseed oil in it.

I like to think I am doing the ole green beans in the meatloaf trick. We're getting some flaxseed (not enough) without really knowing it.
I would recommend this pound cake as a light dessert (it is very fruity!) or as a sweet for brunch. My suggestion, buy a bag of frozen blueberries. This way, you don't have to sort out the mushy gross ones. For blueberry reference, 2 cups equal 1 pint.
For fun, serve with fresh blueberries on top and the drizzle described in the recipe. (softened margarine, powdered sugar and Rice Milk)

<---This was our dinner. All plates were clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment