I'm so excited to try more Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) make-up through Influenster. My 2 full-size YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks came nicely packaged together in my latest Influenster VoxBox.
For starters, each lipstick came enclosed in a gold cardboard box with the YSL logo and color names of the lipsticks. The lipsticks each look fancy and regal in a gold metal tube! The first color I tried out is called Rose Stiletto and it is perfect for me! Whenever I dress up my lips, I tend to do something subtle because I'm usually focusing on making my eyes pop. To me, the color of rose stiletto can be describes something of a nude/neutral deep rose red. There was noticeable color on my lips, but nothing that would immediately grab your attention. It simply added to my face make-up rather than making my lips the focal point. I definitely feel more polished having a color on my lips. Wearing lipstick definitely made me feel more confident with my overall make-up appearance. Rather than having nude, bare lips, I feel this pulled my look together.
The lipstick itself is high quality. The color did not bleed when applied and the color lasted multiple hours without required a reapplication. Of course, after eating or drinking, I had to reapply as the color came off on the glass or while eating. I don't usually use a primer or chapstick prior to applying my lipstick, although I hear this can be helpful to make sure lipstick doesn't crack on lips. I didn't even need to do this with the YSL lipsticks! The lipsticks went on my lips smooth and even felt like they added moisture to my lips. Both felt this way.
Of the two colors, I can see myself wearing Rose Stiletto more often as it seems more versatile. It is a color I can comfortably wear at work without drawing attention to my make-up. Fuschia was fun! I could see me wearing this color as the only makeup on my face because it adds a very noticeable POP of color! For a night out, I wore the fuschia along with dramatic eye makeup to really make my evening look dramatic. It worked!
All photos below are my own and belong to the writer of this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment