Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mint and Onion Barley



I didn't cop out on dinner---I simply made a HUGE batch of chili for dinner tonight since I was headed to Pittsburgh the next day, I wanted Dan to have something to eat besides chips and dip. No matter how hard he tries to rationalize, I won't let him convince me that chips and salsa are a balance dinner.

So, I decided to make one new recipe with our chili. Mint and Onion Barley was actually good! It had a warm taste and I think next time, I just would add chopped fresh, garlic.

I made the plain barley as indicated on the package. For serving size of 2, I added about 1/2 tbsp mint, and 2 tbsp chopped shallot. I also added about 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp onion powder. I added a drop of olive oil so the spices and barley wouldn't stick to the pot. Stir, and enjoy!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment